INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.flexispace.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, on social media or otherwise. You may also provide information to us in person or by other means, such as on the telephone. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, social media identifiers and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. Sometimes we receive your personal data from third parties, including web brokers, property listing sites and agents who you have given your personal data to in order that they can help you find products such as ours. We always take care to ensure we can trust the third parties who give us data. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
With respect to each of the aforementioned processes, we carry out these activities on the basis of our legitimate interest in the success of our business, and the use and analysis of our website to promote the success of our business. Where you enter into a contract with us, we may also use your personal data in order to perform that contract with you, and in other situations we may process your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation (such as in our relationship with HMRC). Where you have given us your details in order that we may contact you for marketing purposes, you may have provided your consent; in those circumstances we process on the basis of that consent or any other legal basis that might enable us to contact you (such as a soft opt-in).
If we have access to your special category personal data (for example if you are about to enter into a contract with us and we require it in order to set up your account) we will use this only: (i) with your consent; (ii) as needed for us to carry out our responsibilities in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as we are authorised to do by law or other collective agreement providing appropriate safeguards; (iii) if we need to protect yours or another person’s vital interests in certain circumstances; (iv) if it is manifestly made public by you; (v) if we need to in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or (vi) if necessary for preventative or occupational health purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our Group.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
In each case we will do this either in order to perform our contract with you, or on the basis of our legitimate interest, promoting the success of the business.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as it would be in our legitimate interests (in the success of the business and in the interests of our shareholders) to do so;
- if Bridges Business Space No. 2 LLP, any other member of the Group or substantially all of the assets of Bridges Business Space No.2 LLP or any other Group entity are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets (and data transfer would take place pursuant to the legitimate interests of the Group, including Brides Business Space No.2 LLP, as well as those of the buyer); and
We won’t share your personal data with third parties unless we have a legal basis to do so.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW AND WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Most of the data we store is held electronically. We store a small amount of personal data in hard copies – generally this is customer personal data only. We use secure filing systems for this purpose and limit access. Our online data systems are secured with appropriate technical and organisational measures including industry standard security. We don’t hold personal data for longer than it is needed, and we delete data which we no longer need. In general, we retain data for the duration of our relationship with you and for up to 7 years afterwards (in case of any legal claims).
- in accordance with a decision by the European Commission that the relevant country provides an adequate level of data protection;
- if we have taken measures to ensure recipients provide an adequate level of data protection. For example, in such case, we may use standard contractual data protection clauses approved by the European Commission; or
- to recipients in the US who are certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework approved by the European Commission.
We will do our best to protect your personal data and will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Except for in certain circumstances, you have a number of rights with respect to your data. These include asking us to:
- correct or erase your data;
- restrict how we use your data;
- provide your data for you to use; and
- stop processing your data.
If we have asked you for your consent, you have the right to withdraw that at any time and there are only a small number of circumstances where we can refuse you that right. In any case, this wouldn’t affect any of the processing we’ve done to that point, but it might stop us from being able to provide services to you. We would let you know if that were the case when responding to your request.
You can exercise your certain of your rights by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at Privacy Officer, 38 Seymour Street, London, W1H 7BP. In the event that we believe we have a reason not to follow your request, we will explain why.
Want to Visit, or Ask Any Questions?
There is only so much you can find out about our services by browsing the website. If you want to arrange an appointment to discuss our storage solutions and take a look at our facilities, then please contact us.
Looking for More than Just Storage?
Now we have joined forces with Flexspace, we have become a part of a much larger organisation and therefore offer more than just Storage for our clients. We offer office space (co-working as well as rented space), workshops, warehouses and virtual offices.
If you are based near one of our locations, then you can explore more about them on the main Flexspace website:
Business Continuity Plans
When facing a premises move, most business owners want to keep their business operating smoothly. In these circumstances it’s best to have storage for business moves to ensure that all […]
Moving House with your Dog
A dog may be our best friend in life, but it doesn’t make them the best help. They may be big on love, but are small on chores. And certainly […]
Shrinking Houses: a New Age of Space Efficient Living
As the population grows, and space and accommodation available shrinks, the inevitable happens – there is less space, net, per person. Not just living space, but storage space too. Interior […]
History of the Self Storage Industry
Storage of personal items, has been in need from the beginning of time. Once you have possessions, assuming you cannot carry them all, then you need somewhere to put them. […]