Top tips on preparing and storing your important items
After many years of helping people to effectively store, and easily retrieve, their goods and belongings, we are experts in making this process as easy as possible. Here are some of our best tips our customers have found helpful over the years…
- It’s advisable to make several back-up copies of your documents and important data and store them in different online and physical locations, such as cloud storage or password-protected CDs or DVDs.
- When packing your storage boxes fill each one completely – even if by adding packing material – as this prevent the contents shifting as they are moved. Newspaper print can transfer to other surfaces, so we recommend bubble wrap, brown paper or items of clothing.
- As you pack your files, place binders in between groupings, as this makes the end result slightly sturdier.
- Always make sure your boxes are safe to be lifted – put heavy items such as books, for example, in smaller boxes, to prevent injury.
- It’s best to use airtight packaging to prevent damage from damp or mildew, and anti-static packaging is recommended for your videos, CDs and DVDs.
- Clearly label your boxes using waterproof labels and permanent markers.
- If you can, raise your storage containers slightly off the ground on a pallet to keep them well ventilated and easier to lift
Scanning or disposing of your documents
As you prepare your confidential documents for storage, you may find there are some that you wish to have scanned and stored electronically. Equally, you may discover content which need not be kept, but which must be safely shredded for security purposes. The FLEXiSPACE team, in conjunction with a range of approved and registered partners, can quickly provide either service for you.
FIND OUT HOW WE CAN BEST HELP YOU
FLEXiSPACE provides the office space, storage or self-storage unit you need in Greater Manchester – as well as those vital secure scanning and shredding services. To find out how we can help, call 0161 274 4777 for our Ashton Old Road site or 0161 635 7777 for our Middleton Site. You are also welcome to call in and inspect our facilities.