- On February 24, 2015
Meet the FLEXiSPACE Self Storage & Workspace Customers and learn from their experiences.
In this Blog Paul shares details of how he has developed his Start Up business from a successful home based operation to a thriving entity. Paul has availed of a robust UK online e-commerce environment as well as offline engagement with local entities.
Paul still operates the Sales, Marketing, Administration and Finance elements from home / on the move, whilst pick and pack / fulfilment and all deliveries and dispatch is managed from FLEXiSPACE on a daily basis.
1. Tell us about your business. What is it you do?
We sell Sportswear and Outdoor (Clothing & Equipment) over the internet, through several businesses and direct to retailers and supply Manchester University with Outdoor gear
2. What first inspired you to operate your own business?
I was working in Sportswear at a company in Old Trafford, and was made redundant. I could see the mistakes the business I was working for coming and thought I could do better myself.
3. What do you enjoy most about the business sector you are involved in?
I enjoy sports so that’s where my passion for the work I do comes from.
4. How long have you operated your business from FLEXiSPACE?
Since April 2013
5. What type of Space do you operate from at FLEXiSPACE
200 sq feet
6. How has this helped your business?
We started out with 100 sq feet and have double the size in the 2 years we have been there. It allows us the run the business and increase stock as we know we have the space to add more stock as and when we need. We temporarily take on extra space when we have an increase demand and can budget with ease as space is aligned to our revenues.
7. How did you manage previously?
Operated from our flat in Manchester City Centre.
8. What are the best features of FLEXiSPACE for you?
Staff, always willing to help us in any way they can.
9. Is there anything about FLEXiSPACE that you would like to change?
No, everything is great, really!
10. What are your plans for your businesses future?
Unsure at the present time. Hopefully expand year by year and grow year on year thereafter.
11. What piece of business advice would you give to anyone reading?
Work hard, play hard.
Note. FLEXiSPACE doesn’t mention the full details of clients for data protection and security. Paul is a live FLEXiSPACE Self Storage & Workspace client and one we truly appreciate and enjoy working with.